MIHARA Test Center
Multipurpose Integrated Highly-Advanced Railway Applications
Strong driving tool and facility in promoting product development, demonstration and training, and for strengthening Japan's global competitiveness in the urban transportation system business.
Utilization and Expectations
- Enables foreign urban transportation organizations to understand the Japanese urban transportation system and technologies through this facility.
- Enables the provision of training for Operation & Maintenance (O&M) trainees before being deployed overseas, and aquirement of training know-hows.
- Product Development and Safety Analysis
- Contributes to minimization of on-site testing and enhances introduction of new systems and technologies to the market by demonstration tests and safety analysis at the facility.
- Accommodating International Standards
- Promotes Japanese technology in the global market through data analysis and evaluation of test results based on international specifications and standards.
Specific Examples of Testing and Demonstrations
- Data collection for the certification and evaluation of international standards for vehicle and signaling.
- Coformance with standards of RAMS (IEC 62278) and EMC (IEC 62236).
- Integration tests between subsystems incorporating endurance tests.
On-site Replication Test
- Pre-commissioning test required by overseas clients new lines.
- Replication test for minimizing the risks associated with on-site testing.
- Series of environmental tests (noise, vibration, eletromagnetic compatibility, etc.)
Training and Demonstration
- Offers O&M training to clients at the inaugural launch of their urban transportation systems.
- Offers training in advance of the commencement of construction.
- Demonstrates Japanese urban transportation systems.
- Enables full scale test of new systems and technology developments.
The Track Layout of MIHARA Test Center
Summary of the Loop Test Track / High Speed AGT Test Track